PRAP Process PRAP Fees
What Is the Peer Review Assistance Program?
ACHA’s Peer Review Assistance Program (PRAP) for institutional health services can help you address a
variety of college health related subjects, whether you are looking to
create a business plan, develop a student health insurance/benefits
plan, build new facilities, increase utilization, evaluate health
programming, and more. ACHA's role in the PRAP is to facilitate peer
reviews, including by maintaining a list of potential peer reviewers,
assisting institutional health services in identifying appropriate
reviewers and defining the scope of the review, as well as scheduling
The Peer Review Assistance Program utilizes college health
professionals who act as peer reviewers to help you address these
issues. You set the objectives that determine how in-depth the peer
review will be.
The PRAP is the perfect choice if you want to examine topics such as:
- Funding sources, generating revenue, and/or creating a business plan
- Creating collaborative models of medical and mental health care for students
- Staffing levels, compensation, and/or productivity
- Student health insurance/benefits plans
- Articulating how health and student health services support the institutional learning mission
- Planning facilities, size, layout, location, construction, and renovation
- Involving students in the organization, including consumerism, peer education, and policy
- Evaluating the effect of services on student learning outcomes
- Building quality teams of various fields (mental health, clinical medicine, nursing, health promotion, etc.)
- Implementing user and/or non-user satisfaction surveys
- Creating marketing and public relations plans
- Assessing health programming in areas like health promotion, mental health, and prevention
- Other areas related to college health services
Who Are the Peer Reviewers?
These individuals are college health professionals with previous experience conducting peer reviews of health services. Their experience varies by topic and institutional demographics. ACHA will assist you in selecting reviewers whose experience best meets your needs. Reviewers are also provided with relevant background materials to further prepare them in providing you with an objective and informed report.
ACHA recommends using two reviewers in order to gain a more complete and balanced perspective.