Plan Your Trip
We’re excited to host the 2017 Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, the Live Music Capital of the World®!
Take a healthy dash of Texas charm, mix in a bit of the weird, and there you have Austin—supremely cool, wonderfully diverse, and deliciously offbeat. You’ll be amazed by the unexpected here: stunning outdoor settings with a city skyline view, live music everywhere you go (even the grocery store!), and art venues featuring everything from the largest university-owned collection to the work of emerging artists, and more. After one visit to this unforgettable city, you’ll be telling everyone you know “You’ve got to go to Austin!”
Here are just some of the things you should see and do during your stay:
Experience the refreshing waters of an underground spring by taking a dip in Barton Springs Pool
- Eat like a local at Austin’s many food trucks, serving up everything from street tacos to gourmet doughnuts.
- Shop your way up and down South Congress Avenue, home to some of the most eccentric and fun stores in the city.
- Watch the world’s largest urban bat colony take flight from the Congress Bridge.
- Go on a hunt for the amazing street art and murals scattered across the whole city.
- Attend an outdoor concert with breathtaking views of the city and Lady Bird Lake at the community-driven Long Center.
Want to learn more about the many things Austin has to offer its guests? Go to www.austintexas.org to plan your trip!
There are many great sights, restaurants, stores, and adventures to check out within walking distance of downtown. But if your journey takes you further or it’s too hot to walk, you are not stuck renting a car or trying to flag down a taxi. Fasten, Fare, and Ride Austin are all locally available ride share companies that can pick you up and take you to just about anywhere in Austin you wish to explore.
If cycling is your preferred mode of transportation, you can rent a bike from:
- Austin B-Cycle: Austin's bikeshare system: Check out a bike from any of several stations around town, and return it to any other station.
- Spinlister: Peer-to-peer bike rental system. (Rent directly from owners, rent directly to riders.) Find nearby bikes with their mobile app.
The city bus system, CapMetro also offers an affordable and reliable alternative to discover all that Austin has to offer.