Merging Recreational Sports and Wellness Programs to Better Serve the University Community
How to Register/Purchase Instructions for Obtaining Credit Submit Feedback
Registration Now Open!
This webinar will be presented live on June 11 at 2:00 pm EDT
- Attend the LIVE WEBINAR (registrants will also receive the recording and slides) — June 11, 2020
- Purchase the RECORDING ONLY, video [.mp4] and slides [.pdf] — Coming Soon.
During this presentation, attendees will learn about the transformation of Purdue’s Division of Recreational Sports to the Division of Recreation and Wellness in 2016. This changed model includes nutritional counseling, a demonstration kitchen, wellness programming, a mindfulness room, recovery program, collaboration and integration between fitness and wellness staff, and more. Come and learn about the successes, challenges, and future directions of Purdue’s RecWell program.
- Advanced Practice Clinician
- Health Educator
- Mental Health Professional
The participants should be able to:
- Discuss the motive behind moving wellness programs to the division of recreational sports.
- Identify the models/theories and practices that are integral to recreation and wellness programs.
- Identify how their campus structure can integrate to a similar model like Purdue’s Division of Recreation and Wellness.
- Describe the challenges and opportunities that they will face with this new model.
Tammy Loew, MA
Will Evans, MS
Program Planning Committee
Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interest — Program Planning Committee:
Committee members have completed conflict of interest statements regarding relationships with commercial entities.
- Melanie Trost, MD, has disclosed that her spouse owns general stock in Gilead Sciences.
- Ryan Patel has disclosed that he owns stock in Pfizer, GSK, Celgene, and Abbvie.
All other Program Planning Committee members have reported no relevant conflicts of interest.
Annual Meeting Program Planning Committee Roster
How to Purchase
The fees to purchase a registration to attend the live event* OR to purchase the recording are as follows**:
$25 for ACHA individual members
$50 for nonmembers
Fees are nonrefundable.
BUY NOW Click to purchase and register for the live webinar.
Upon purchase, you will receive further instructions on accessing the webinar.
*Access to recordings and slides are included for those who register for live events.
**If you are not interested in attending a live webinar, please wait and purchase the recording when it becomes noted that it is available.
We welcome your feedback after viewing this presentation to help us plan future educational opportunities.
You may provide your anonymous feedback via this short survey.
Instructions for Obtaining Credit (or certificate of attendance)
See the sidebar and accreditation statements below for the types of credit available.
Step 1: View the webinar, either live or on-demand.
Step 2: Complete the Post-test (coming soon) for CE Credit. You will select the type of credit you are requesting on this form. Select "Certificate of Attendance" if no credit is being requested.
It is estimated that it will require one hour to view the webinar and complete the post-test and evaluation.
Credit must be requested by the program expiration date in the sidebar.
Statements and Disclosures